Friday, January 28, 2005

Megabux (BBP) Challenge

I found out today that Bugsys Club started a new sit & go promotion called Megabux. To test it out they began with a BBP(Bugsy Bonus Points - much like frequent player points) version.

Basically, if you place in 20 or more s&g satellites to the Megabux Final, then you are entitled, if you win the final, to 100% of a Bonus Jackpot derived from all the Megabux s&gs people played during the week. Win less than 20 s&gs and the share of the Jackpot you would be entitled to if you win the final drops according to a scale. This means that potentially part or all of the Jackpot could rollover to the next final.

When I looked at the leaderboard I discovered that one player was already on 8 wins, blitz240. Hence, I set myself a challenge to reach 20 wins before any other player. With such a big handicap, I wasn't sure if I could do it - but I felt fairly confident especially since the whole of January I have been playing mostly s&gs in order to win the Smash & Grab League.

As this was a BBP promotion, I came across a lot of players who I'd never played before: the two that stood out where blitz240 and krookedkreek.


BBP Megabux Challenge.

In order to close the 8 game lead held by blitz2004 and reach 20 wins in the fastest possible time, multitabling was required. The above screenshot shows me playing 6 s&gs at the same time. By then, I had already gained the lead with 18 wins to blitz240's 14 wins. The next two wins swiftly followed and I had completed the challenge!

The 21st "win" and table showing DaMatrix top with 20 wins.

The first BBP Megabux Final is this Sunday at 10pm UK time. Look out for an update.

**************
UPDATE:
Well, I played the final and finished 396/719 when my AA lost to KK. Congratulations to baddog13 for winning the final and 9,347 BBPs!