Saturday, February 05, 2005

A Tale of Two Sevenths

Been playing a lot at PokerRoom/Hollywood Poker recently and I've participated in a few "freerolls".

Finished just outside the top 10% in the two Gutshot Qualifiers for the Party Poker Million at Coral/Eurobet Poker that I played in - not very good considering only first place paid.

Finished 16/2200 in the first PokerRoom freeroll I had played in a while.

Today, I was playing in two "freerolls" at the same time - and finished 7th in both!

Qualified for Bugsy's Wall of Fame tournament by winning Al's Smash & Grab League and also for PokerRoom's Player Points Major Freeroll with $6k added by accumulating the 500 player points required to play in it.

One of the key hands at the PokerRoom tourney was when I picked up two Red Arrows UTG and limped in. It's always nice when somebody decides to go all-in:


Bad timing.

After that hand, I was in a good position to make the final table. I did and finished 7th out of 767 players. Losing with JJ from the SB after going all-in against a "steal-raise" from the button by a player holding AQo. ColinB won $1,200 for first place. Not bad.


Waynewoodaldo.

Meanwhile, I was playing the Wall of Fame tourney simultaneously. Most of my cards were off suit rags less than ten and so I was pleased to finish 7th. There is nothing worse than finishing last in that tourney even though 2nd pays zero too. Wayneroonaldo picked up the wooden spoon when his KJo ran into AKs(above).

I noticed freck716 playing quite aggressively and her win was richly deserved, especially after coming second in the January Mini League photo finish after having led for nearly the entire month.


Wall of Fame Result.

Well done frexie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home