Sunday, March 06, 2005

50K added

Took part in the $50k added $25+$2.5 MTT at Betfair Poker (and other WagerLogic skins). With entry limited to just 2000 people - there was going to be some good value. Only 1688 players registered in the end with a total prize pool of $92.2K, $18.44K for first.

Starting chips were only 1,500, with about 1,400 people left I won a QQ v AJ showdown to keep an average stack. Maintained this with less than 700 players left when I won a battle of the blinds from the BB with Q8 v 65. With less than 600, I was still on an average stack picking up some blinds with JJ in late position.

At about 500 players remaining, a player (FSUkozak) in early position with just less chips than me makes a single raise, I reraise all in with AK and everybody folds to the original raiser. After using up nearly all of his time, FSUkozak calls in the last second and turns over AJ. No surprise when two Jacks hit the board as I have been busting out of tournaments with big slick when ahead at frustrating frequency.

I didn't really recover after that and finished 332/1688. Richie76 picked up first prize ($18,440) and MalcomX finished second ($11,064).


Final Results.