Monday, March 21, 2005

This Week's Update

It's been over a week since my last post and so I thought I'd cover it all by posting an update.

Overall it's been a great week profit wise, making more than half of January's and February's profits combined. The reason for this is very much down to the fact that I have limited (no pun intended) my Limit Hold'em cash games and instead concentrated on Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Low. I have also limited No Limit Hold'em to tournaments even though I have played more NL than in the past two months.

The results have been fantastic and I will be carrying on this blend of games til the end of the month.

Tournament wise my results have been improving as in an effort to shake off my label of "Master of the short-stack" (I could teach Willie Tann a few tricks), I have tried to play a little looser - sometimes even against my instincts. I still have some way to go as currently I believe I am playing at about 60-70% potential.

Nevertheless, Saturday for example, I finished in the top 5% in 3 concurrent NL tournaments and Sunday I won and finished 3rd in two tournaments with 100+ fields.

Still, my achievements this week are surpassed by Ben Grundy's 7th place finish (80K Euros) in the EPT's Monte Carlo Grand Final. Many congrats!!

You can read all about that here: