Tuesday, April 05, 2005

FPP Qualifiers

Lately I have been reading a lot about FPP Qualifiers from Poker Stars doing well in live tournaments. Some of the players in these FPP Qualifiers can be pretty good - in fact, some of them are even professional poker players.

Julian Gardner (MrCoco) and Martin Wendt (Svend sværd) were FFP qualifiers to the EPT Grand Final at Monte Carlo where they finished 15th and 14th respectively, both collecting nearly 20k Euros.

The most notable FPP qualifier to do well recently is of course Brandon Schaefer (schaefer) who went on to win the EPT French Open (144k Euros) and then finished second in the Monte Carlo Grand Final (350k Euros).

Can I emulate them? Probably not, but I thought I would try...

Having accumulated 600 FPPs to unlock a deposit bonus, I decided to use 400 of these (who needs another baseball cap? lol) to play in a WSOP Freeroll Round 1 which was due to start in less than one minute. The top 9 (out of 102 on this occasion) would qualify for the weekly 4,000 FPP WSOP Freeroll Round 2 final where the top 2 get seats to the WSOP.

To cut a long story short, I managed to place in Round 1 by going all in UTG with AK (I would have been forced to go all in when I posted the BB next hand) and surviving the hand being called and checked out by everyone at the table! The blinds soon hit the short stack on the other table, but he was not as fortunate as me. The bubble boy (finishing 10th) was none other than "mmdog" who was ranked 10th in the 2004 PokerStars overall Tournament Leader Board.

After all of that, I actually unregistered for the Round 2 that I qualified for. My options with 4,000 FPPs are:

A. One chance (4,000 FPP) at coming first or second in a field of approx 250 players
B. Four chances (4 X 1,000 FPP) at coming first in a field of 200 to 300.

I am leaning towards Option B at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home