Thursday, April 14, 2005

Zen ChangeZ

Read Simon 'Aces' Trumper's player interview at Poker 425.

He talks about how his tournament style changed due to pressures:

"Although I had taken a lot of beats I knew I was not
accumulating as many chips as I normally did so when
I lost these pots I was being knocked out when previously
I would have had enough chips left to make a recovery."

I'm going through a similar phase at the moment and I've noticed that it is very hard to win a tourney trying to play very precise, mistake free poker. Usually, you end up busting out to a bad beat because your all-in is called by someone with more chips than sense.

So today, I've been playing rather more loose - of course, the only change I've noticed is that I'm busting out very early and making mistakes I wouldn't normally make.

Hopefully, I will be in the zone soon. In the meantime, I'll be reading Zen and the Art of Poker.