Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I, Rounder?

Found $2 in my Crazy Poker Prima skin account a couple of days ago and decided that I would play one of those TV broadcast tables.

The lowest buyin is $2+$0.50. So I sat down in a low limit game for a hit&run and first hand I get is AA. They held up and I've now got the buy in for the TV sit&go.

Then I noticed the Rounders tournaments - 5 Rounds, first place $3k, so instead of playing the TV s&g I try to build the $5+$0.50 for Round 1.

Firstly, I win a $1+0.20 heads up match, I then take my $3 to a PLO8B low limit table and build it up to the $5.50 there.

Time for the Rounders Round 1. Played a patient game and picked the right spots to double up. Eventually winning (1st out of 8) to qualify for:

Round 2, a $27.5 s&g with 10 players. Top 2 qualify for Round 3, 3rd place gets another Round 2 entry.

In Round 2 I was dealt absolutely nothing until TT in early position with 7 left. The BB was the short stack, so I make a standard raise, anticipating that he will go all in. Sure enough, the small blind calls my raise, the BB goes all in and I reraise to push out the SB. Ok so far, problem is BB rolls over AA! :(

Next hand and I get AA under the gun. I raise my short stack all in hoping someone thinks I'm steaming. Everybody folds to the BB who calls with A8o and I double up.

Finally, I get AQo in the BB. UTG limps, SB raises pot and I reraise all in. UTG folds but the fish in the small blind who called me with A8o previously, calls me with KTs and knocks me out in 7th when he hits a King.

I, Rounder?

No. My challenge of turning $2 into $3k ends.

**************************

Meanwhile, my FPP Qualifier challenge came to an end, in my 4th attempt I made the last 3 tables in a 1,000 FPP WSOP Freeroll Round 2 at Poker Stars with 249 starting players. Unfortunately, my medium stack was severely crippled when a steal attempt failed and I didn't recover after that. I had been playing fairly tight, I think in the first hour or two I was dealt 62o about 5 times!

Before my failed steal attempt my pots won at showdown was 3/3.

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 208 hands and saw flop:
- 4 out of 25 times while in big blind (16%)
- 2 out of 24 times while in small blind (8%)
- 4 out of 159 times in other positions (2%)
- a total of 10 out of 208 (4%)
Pots won at showdown - 3 of 5 (60%)
Pots won without showdown - 13

So, I was very surprised when my all in (covering both blinds) in late position with K9s was called by the small blind with A4o for all of his stack. Who was it that called me? redrumxxx AKA Morten Sembach.

Other news. Last weekend at Full Tilt Poker, I also finished 14th out of 1496 in their WSOP Freeroll, busting out when I reraised a steal attempt. The thief had J9 but he beat my 99 when a J hit the board.

Finally, hit a Royal Flush today for a profit of over 100BB's- my opponent gave me a free card on the turn to draw to my one out! Sweet ;)