Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Maxim King of Poker: Preface


I will be going to the Maxim (in association with VC Poker) King of Poker Tournament Final on Wednesday 22nd June 2005 at Pacha, London. But guess what? I won't be going to play - I'll be cheering my brother aka Gattopardo ("The Leopard").

After getting coached by yours truly, DaMatrix, his super-aggressive style has led to some impressive results. None more so than beating 170 other players in a weekly final to qualify for the KOP Final.

I'm still trying to find out if I qualified as one of the monthly movers. In March, when I attempted to be, I placed (top 27) in 31/54 tournaments with fields of 100-200, winning 2 of them. Didn't do so well in the Weekly finals during that month because I was playing aggressive to go for the win and gain a seat in the final - didn't know that the points system was biased towards doing well in these. Despite sending various email to try and find out the scoring algorithm I never got a reply...

What's at stake in the final:

GRAND FINAL PRIZE
• 2005 VC POKER CUP
• SPENDING MONEY - A £5,000 cash bonus
• MAXIM SHOOT - A trip to a Maxim girl shoot
• MAXIM PARTY - VIP entry to a Maxim UK party and Maxim US party, including all flights and accommodation.

Look out for the Maxim King of Poker Trip Report...