Thursday, June 09, 2005

Prima $200 Freeroll


Results.

Played a handfull of 5,000+ runner freerolls lately to test out different strategies. Placed in the top 50 a couple of times and today I actually won one and had to come out of my little blogging break to tell you about it!

I got to the last 100 without too much trouble and was patiently waiting for a good spot. Finally, UTG and very short stacked I picked up QQ and tripled up. Then AA, JJ and QQ all in a row, winning every pot at showdown. This propelled me to the top 20 rank.

Maintained my stack til it actually got to the last 2/3 tables. Got KK in early position and raised half my stack enough to put the BB almost all in. He goes all in and turns over AA but luckily I hit a K on the flop.

This gave me a final table stack where I'd never witnessed so many bad beats, out draws and flukes. I benefited when I rased the BB from the SB with A5 and he put me all in with A6. I had to call but managed to flop trips.


My final table strategy was to keep my stack size level til 4/3 handed and then outplay my opponents. I got to the 3 handed stage at quite a big disadvantage with only 800k chips and the other 2 players at about 2 million each.

Won a few small pots, other guy got knocked out and was heads up with a 3:1 disadvantage which I almost reversed when I won a big pot by bluffing the river with 8 high.

From here I wasn't gonna waste any time and put him all in with QJ he called with A rag and doubled up. Finally, I got 33, raised and he went all in with overcards, I flopped a set and it was all over!

Whoever wins this year's WSOP main event will have to be very lucky.

*****

Later that day I also finished 2/255 in the Stan James Poker Freeroll Grand Prix. The prize for 1st place was a $2,500 home entertainment system. Congrats to BlindBurt who played great at the final table building a big stack and beating me easily heads-up with his 10:1 chip advantage.

Finally, just now, I finished 7/255 at Poker Host to qualify for their WPT Weekly Final Freeroll.

2 Comments:

At 11/6/05 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, just wanted to say I really like your blog. It's a great read, honest and I love reading about the trials and tribs of other players. Keep going with it!

 
At 11/6/05 11:23 AM, Blogger DaMatrix said...

Thanks Marky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home