Saturday, June 11, 2005

Virgin Poker: £4K Added

Got an email from Virgin Poker telling me about this £4K added tourney. Buy-in £40 + £4.

Now, I know I suggested uninstalling Virgin Poker (wish I did; read my Review: Virgin Games Poker) - but being such a nice guy I decided to give them another shot, but only because 120-ish players would begin and top 20 paid.

The actual buy-in was not even £44 as advertised, but £35+£3.5! Virgin Poker need to sort themselves out.

The Tournament:

122 Started, top 20 paid, £8,270 prize pool, £2,439.66 for 1st place.

I began 3 to the right of londonpokergirl aka Mel Lofthouse The general standard of play at the table was about average if not poor. I was seeing as many cheap flops as possible. From the starting 2,000 chips I was down to 1,700 when I limped again. I had 66 in early position, quite a few other limpers and I flop a set. I led out knowing at least one of them would call me or even raise me. I get one caller, turn makes the board kind of scary but, nevertheless, I bet about 3/4 of the pot. My opponent calls again. River pairs the board, so I lead out with a decent bet with my full house. He doubles my bet, so I know he's got at least trips if not the possible str8. I reraise my remaining few chips all in, he calls and doubles me up with his rivered trips.

So far so good, I've got over 3,300 chips and I'm in a top 20 chip position. With the blinds at 50/100, there's an early position raiser that makes it 350, one caller (EggMaster) and then I reraise half my stack with KK. The initial raiser folds, but the cold caller calls yet again leaving himself with 3 BBs! I know I have him crushed especially with a J high board. He checks with his remaining few chips and I bet him all in. He calls and shows A6! Turn BLANK. River ACE!

Shortly after, I get booted from the software by a "Virgin Upgrader Error". I log in and then 2 minutes later the same thing happens and I have to restart the software probably missing pocket Aces in the meantime. WTF is that error all about? It's not the first time it has occured - read the Review: Virgin Games Poker. I'm pretty sure it someone at Virgin Poker pressing a button and ejecting me from their stupid poker room.

Level goes up and I'm down to 6BBs when I pick up 44 on the button. Open raise 3xBB but the SB goes all in, I call and his ATo beats my PP. Chip and a chair. Forced all in by the BB with A2 which turns into a full house by the river - wish I had chips because the SB had AK...

Next hand, I get AT in the SB and I push my short stack all-in 4 handed but get beat by JTs which flops a flush. I finish a lowly 71/122.

The winner was trojan1 (£2.4k) who beat Offthehook (£1.3k).


Results.

Will not be returning to Virgin Poker even if they added a million. £4k? Bah! The only thing I'd play on there is freerolls...lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home