Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Hendon Mob League: Game 7


The Hendon Mob Poker League's Game 7 commenced with 54 players.

I started determined to make up for the last game's run of bad luck. Made another final table (4/7) and gained enough points to send me back into second in the league by finishing 5/54.

My strategy for this game was to ensure a points finish by not playing any big pots. For this reason I was playing Ace high hands very cautiously, even mucking ATs and AQs preflop in spots where I would normally play them. Nevertheless, I doubled up when I called HoneyMonster's standard raise with KK hoping to trap him. He moved all in on the K high flop with AQ and I called with the nuts ;)

Eventually I made the final table as the short stack, the key hand that got me there was doubling up with A8o from the SB after an obvious button steal (with 64). I actually did well to get this far since half-way through the tourney I had connection problems. A lot of lag towards the crucial stages around the money bubble and I even got disconnected during a key hand that I had set up for a big bluff on the river. Maybe it was a blessing!

At the final table I was confident I would move up the points ladder with maybe a little luck. That good fortune came when I had to move all-in with AJo before the blinds hits me with a stack ratio of 4. Luckily I hit an ace to beat The_Brief's KK.

After a few more orbits I was back in the danger zone but I finally got Aces and doubled up once again. HoneyMonster was playing aggressively, everytime I had the BB he was raising from UTG+1. Wasn't gonna make a stand with the ten high hands I was constantly getting especially since it was guaranteed I would get called. Also, I was grateful that other people's actions before me made mucking easier. Laying down 88 and AQs to big early position raises before eventually open raising all-in with AKo and doubling up (once again!) via HoneyMonster.

My patience had paid off as we were now down to 5 handed. Needed one more double up to be in contention to win the game and move to first in the league but my luck finally ran out when I got TT on the button. I pushed all-in and after some thinking Dubai in the BB called with 98 that hit trips. C'est la vie!

Pilf
won Game 7 defeating Dubai heads up.


Game 7 Results

See the Hendon Mob League Top 10 Players.

Read the Mob League Event #7 Official Report

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home