Sunday, August 28, 2005

Star City CelebPoker GP: $370


Today was the $370 satellite at CelebPoker where 1 in 10 win a $3,500 Star City CelebPoker Grand Prix Package. Haven't been playing many tournaments lately, especially since my cousin who I haven't since in years has been in town.

To prepare a little for the game, yesterday I played and won a Round 2 at Bugsy's Club. My 3rd Round 3 qualification in 6 Round 2 tournaments.


Also yesterday, I finished 9/50 in the $22 WSPO satellite at Coral/Eurobet. Lost with JJ (70%) v AT (30%) in a crucial pot at the final table that would have given me over 20% of the chips 9 handed. In the end, I went all-in blind with an M of just over 2, UTG+1, and got called in 4 spots to finish 9th.

Anyway, I just finished 32/47 in the $370 Star City satellite. With 33 left I was doing just about average when I picked up AKo in early position and raised 4xBB. Next player to act Domi99 (chip leader) pushed all-in with 88! He was lucky that I only had AK instead of an overpair. If (big IF) he qualifies I might go to Star City just to tell him what a muppet he is and break his legs.... only joking Domi!

Watching Ong Bak can take priority now ;)


The 4 $3,500 package winners in the end were jesperlund, CHEECHMAN, chipmagnet and CurlyWatts. Drb01089 picked up $2,450 for 5th place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home