Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Bad beatZ

The amazing thing about this hand is that it didn't happen online. Instead it occured in a home game a few days ago. 6 handed table. I was in the BB with 2h3h. 2 limpers and my bro in the SB completes. I think about raising to get it heads up but decide not to. Flop is Qh4h5h. Brilliant! BB special I'm thinking. SB leads out a pot bet. I smooth call (trying to win a big pot, minimizing my loss if another non-straight flush heart hits) one of the limpers calls. I'm hoping for no heart on the turn since I am not putting them on 2 pair or a set.

The turn is a heart, 6h, giving me the straight flush. My bro is excited, says he finally has the nuts and goes all-in. I call of course thinking my bro has just hit the Ace-high flush. I've started leaning forward to gather in the pot before I've even looked at his cards. He says, "The nuts!". "No you haven't!" I say, "straight flush!".

He turns over 8h7h!

BTW Just finished 3/724 in a Betfred Telegraph FF qualifier. Top 5 qualified for a $50k freeroll on the 2nd of October. Also, just out of the money 20/152 in a PokerStars LS8B tourney after I was chased all the way to the river by 3 high cards that became a gutshot that backed into trips against my clear aces up/made low representation. Aaaaarrrgh!


PokerStars 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo Limit - Level X (600/1200)
Seat 1: KindKeith (14232 in chips)
Seat 3: Superspin2 (12586 in chips)
Seat 4: TefloDon36 (29546 in chips)
Seat 5: #1DaMatrix (4349 in chips)
Seat 6: socerflame (3342 in chips)
Seat 7: SVMARTINA (6048 in chips)
Seat 8: Barathea (5232 in chips)
KindKeith: posts the ante 100
Superspin2: posts the ante 100
TefloDon36: posts the ante 100
#1DaMatrix: posts the ante 100
socerflame: posts the ante 100
SVMARTINA: posts the ante 100
Barathea: posts the ante 100

*** 3rd STREET ***
Dealt to KindKeith [6d]
Dealt to Superspin2 [7c]
Dealt to TefloDon36 [5h]
Dealt to #1DaMatrix [Ah 4d Ad]
Dealt to socerflame [3c]
Dealt to SVMARTINA [7h]
Dealt to Barathea [As]

socerflame: brings-in low 200
SVMARTINA: folds
Barathea: calls 200
KindKeith: calls 200
Superspin2: folds
TefloDon36: folds
#1DaMatrix: calls 200 (i just call, if I raise the pot will just get bigger and they might get stubborn on the next two streets)

*** 4th STREET ***
Dealt to KindKeith [6d] [3s]
Dealt to #1DaMatrix [Ah 4d Ad] [6s]
Dealt to socerflame [3c] [7s]
Dealt to Barathea [As] [Ts]

Barathea: checks
KindKeith: checks
#1DaMatrix: bets 600 (Ok, enough games, I bet and get called by some kind of flush/straight draw even though we all got dealt spades!)
socerflame: folds
Barathea: calls 600 (at this point I am 77% favourite against 23%) *
KindKeith: folds

*** 5th STREET ***
Dealt to #1DaMatrix [Ah 4d Ad 6s] [4h]
Dealt to Barathea [As Ts] [Qc]

Barathea: checks
#1DaMatrix: bets 1200 (Tried to get rid of him here)
Barathea: calls 1200
(my advantage improved to 81% against his 19% chance)

*** 6th STREET ***
Dealt to #1DaMatrix [Ah 4d Ad 6s 4h] [6h]
Dealt to Barathea [As Ts Qc] [Kc]

#1DaMatrix: bets 1200 (and again - he can't call me with a gutshot, surely? rather survive than get outdrawn at this stage)
Barathea: calls 1200 (I'm going to the river as a 85% favourite)

*** RIVER ***
Dealt to #1DaMatrix [Ah 4d Ad 6s 4h 6h] [Jh]

#1DaMatrix: bets 1049 and is all-in (if I check he'll put me all-in anyway, the J in my hand means he prob doesn't have the straight)
Barathea: calls 1049


*** SHOW DOWN ***
#1DaMatrix: shows [Ah 4d Ad 6s 4h 6h Jh] (HI: two pair, Aces and Sixes)

Barathea: shows [Ks 8d As Ts Qc Kc Kd] (HI: three of a kind, Kings)

Barathea CALLED 5 times and collected 9598 from pot - SICK!

Winner of that pot had a great chance at making the final table. To his credit, Barathea did and finished 7/152 after again he called off nearly all of his stack with what looked like one pair 3 handed.

[* = figures based on knowing Barathea's and DM's cards only]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home