Tuesday, September 20, 2005

DaUFO

Last week I spotted a UFO (not talking aliens etc just an Unidentified Flying Object). After a long Monday night poker session that crossed over into the early hours of Tuesday, I went outside for a smoke. It was approximately 2.30am Tuesday 13th September:

As soon as I opened the front door, directly infront of me and above a bright light "fell" at great speed towards the horizon and in approximately 1 second it was gone. The night sky was very clear. Below is a graphical representation I created of the event:


UFO Details

I have waited a week to post about it because I have been researching what it might have been. When I first saw it my estimation went from a low flying plane to falling meteor to Jet plane to crashing object in the 1 second time period that it was visible. There was no noise, no wind, the sky was clear and at the speed it was going I fully expected it to crash to the ground.... but it didn't, or at least I don't think it did. There was no noise and I didn't see it again. Never seen anything like it.

My report is credible because as a teenager I was very much into astronomy (even wanted to be an astronaut) and almost went for an Astrophysics degree before choosing to read Mathematics. I have ample experience of stellar objects to warrant posting about this event as unusual.

I have witnessed the Perseid meteor showers that usually occur in August and this year the key date was around 12/13 August. This was no meteor shower though which are very high in the sky. I have seen a comet before and the object I saw was closer to that. A sporadic is when I single meteor falls, but if this is what it was then it would have hit the ground for sure since it had penetrated into the atmosphere and it was 1,000ft to 2,000ft high at most when I first saw it. Was it a satellite or the space station? No, this was 'falling' at about 600mph I have estimated.

So what was it? I can be honest and say that I haven't got a clue. It happened so fast that if I had blinked I would have missed it. The event was very local, so I doubt that there could be more than a handful of witnesses depending on what happened after it disappeared from my sight. I haven't seen anything in the local news/web/etc about it. The only other story I have found about an event in the area is below. It doesn't compare well to what I saw.


2003 Story

Imagine one of those lights in the pic above, at say half the distance and at about a 60 degree angle above you, falling and going away from you at 600mph silently in a clear starry night.


Van Gogh's The Starry Night

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home