Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hendon Mob League: Game 8 & Blonde Tourney


The Hendon Mob Poker League's Game 8 started at 8pm with 53 players.

Drawn to a tough table but at least I had position on alanc. The table got tougher when RossBoatman and the chip leader, TH-Reverend, got moved to our table. Reverend on my left. I'd lost a biggish pot early and connection probs meant that I missed a few hands too.

When I got moved to my next table, I was looking to double-up. So when CommieBoy hesitated to raise all-in in early position, I had no problem isolating him for half my stack with 99. His AJ hit a J on the turn, but the river gave me a straight.... but my opponent a flush! Grrr!

A few all-ins preflop and on the turn and I was staying one step ahead of the blinds. UTG I found 99 again and pushed all-in. Stoogster called with KT but this time my nines held up by hitting a full house on the flop. First break: DaMatrix 2,425 (22/29), alanc 10,399 (2/29).

After the break I fold AJ on the BB after stoogster goes all-in on the buttom. He shows J9. A few orbits later he does it again, but this time I call with JJ and double up to over 4k against his A4.

Picking up AQs I fold in early position as I'd have to commit my whole stack. Next hand I get AK UTG and this time I'm happy to go all-in. Stoogster though calls most of his stack on the button with JTs and knocks me out in 17th for just 4 league points. The bet I did was so big that only AA & KK could have comfortably called me for anybody paying attention. Unfortunately stoogster's dice that he was using to decide whether to go all-in or not said yes. The call and bad beat made me sick to be honest!!!

To make matters worse, alanc gained 5 points on me by finishing 12th. Full points finish results:


Game 8 Results

That bad beat had a knock on effect on my blonde poker forum tournament. Played like shit for 15 minutes going from 3rd in chips to 17th before my 33 hit a set on the flop and I got paid off on each street for all my stack by the river - taking me back up to 4th/38. Really enjoyed playing against Tony G and was a little sad when his PP lost to overcards on the river. In just this tourney, I noticed that he had great timing and a good sense of humour. In the meantime, I was still plugging away and managed to make the final table. Unfortunately I was card dead there but climbed up the prize ladder to finish 7/93.

People's favourite, ironside, won the heads-up after his A4s outdrew RooneyGod's TT to give himself a massive chip advantage. The final results for the Blonde Poker Forum Tournament were:


Blonde Tourney Results

See the Hendon Mob League Top 10 Players.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home