Thursday, September 01, 2005

Tournament Thursday

New month and I thought I'd do something different. Haven't seriously played any tournaments on PokerStars, although I have previously worked out what kind of results you need to make it to the top of the Tournament Leader Board.

Anyway, played a $10 Rebuy and Add-on (R&A) PLO8B and sucked, had a couple of rebuys but felt there was no value in going past the rebuy stage (rare) so I didn't continue and finished 82/108.

Then I played the $5 R&A, didn't need any rebuys and just added on at the break to give myself a just below average stack. I made one or two small mistakes and played slightly too tight around the prize bubbles. I was one pot away from being in a good position at the final table and eventually I decided to call an all-in with K7s from the BB (with favourable odds and to get it to the final table stage). I lost against AKo and forced all-in by the SB in the next hand to finish 10/509. You'd need to have finished first or second for a top TLB score.


$5 R&A Results.

Messed about in the Stan's Poker Freeroll GP during the PokerStars tourney before going out and then returning to finish just outside the top 10 out of 234 in the Hollywood Poker Michael Woods Celebrity Invitational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home