Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Hendon Mob League: Game 10


The Hendon Mob Poker League's Game 10 started at 8pm with 48 players and after the match I finally became leader of the League. Read the report to see how I did it.


Managed to double up in the first 15 minutes thanks to hitting a set on the flop. THE_THIEF min raised in late position. Sensing AA, I decided to just call with QQ in the BB. Flop was QTx with 2 hearts. I go for a check-raise to pretend I might have a flush draw. It works because he reraises my check raise. I go all-in and after a bit of a dwell he can't let go of it and calls turning up KK. No outdraw and I was up to 5k chips.

Down to 40 players after 37 minutes, I was in 6th chip position. No good spots until the first break. alanc and StackBasher got busted into 32nd and 31st positions respectively. 30 remaining. Chip positions: 1st Wellboy 10475, 2nd redsimon 7925, ... 12th DaMatrix 4020 at the break.

In the end I was lucky to finish 14th/48 for 8 league points, especially since I didn't hit a single flop since that QQ and never got KK/AA. Ironically, QQ was the last hand I was to play. Grumbledook raised to 4XBB in C0-1. I had QQ in the SB and once again I just flat called. I had him on AK or smaller pair and was going to fold on the flop if an Ace or King came to leave me with one round worth of chips. Flop was King high but I thought the chance that he had an under pair or AQ/AJ was too high for me to fold and so I went all-in. Unfortunately Grumbledook had KK and I was out :(

The result puts me top of the Hendon Mob Poker League with 2 games to go since (Mr&)MrsSplash, didn't do better than 4th, finished 7th. I'm tied with alanc on 81 points put since his score comprises 10 bounty points then that puts him second. Any excuse ;)

Stoogster couldn't make it back to back wins after the 1st break chip leader, Wellboy, beat him heads-up. The final Game 10 results:


Game 10 Results

Events 11 and 12 are worth double and treble points respectively which means that it is far from over even if I am currently top. Two bad results and I might not even finish in the top 10!

See the Hendon Mob League Top 10 Players.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home