Monday, October 03, 2005

October News

Busy start to October as I have decided to go for BugsysClub Al's Smash'n'Grab League. Saturday and Sunday I was multitabling up to over 10 tables building a lead in points. I am doing the league as a challenge and to get a lot of STT & MTT hands in.

Bad news. On Sunday, (October 2nd) I manage to blow a massive chip stack in the crypto CPC_Time Tournament that had 5 Caribbean Poker Classic Seats (each worth $10k) added to the prize fund. Failed to raise preflop to isolate an all-in player and lost a huge pot as a result that would have seen me as a big chip leader with about 150 (out of the 800+ starters) to go.

Also played the Betfred Telegraph $50k final. Finished around the 200 mark out of 1000 for a bit of loose change.

Good news. I was drawn in the top 5 entrants for the Expekt.com competition run in the September issue of InsideEdge magazine. Won some Expekt merchandise including a poker set. First place was a trip to Malta and $1k though. Grrr.

Finally, in London, the EPT and Gutshot Masters concluded. Mark Teltscher winning the London EPT (£280,000) and John Curtis won the Gutshot Poker Masters main event.