Saturday, November 05, 2005

Bonfire of the Blinds


Wall of Fame: 1st


Finally achieved my goal of winning the Wall of Fame tourney at BugsyClub beating captainNdiet heads-up.

The signs were good today after I won one of the first tournaments I played with 100+ runners. I also placed in two other tournaments with big fields (top 50/1000+ and top 20/250+). The only disappointment was Prima Poker's Tournament of Champions.

The T.O.C. started with just 61 players, winner take all. There were a few away players on my table - one to my left. So I was happy to take their BB whenever it was folded to me in the SB.

After a few rounds of this, I pick up QQ in the SB and it's folded to me once again. I make an automatic min-raise to steal the BB from the away player. Suddenly, the BB reraises me - so sensing that they think I have been stealing I go all-in - the chance that they have KK/AA is too small and I have to go for 1st place - of course, they turn over AA! I embarrasingly finish 57/61 lol Oldest trick in the book - after you time out, pretend you are away by putting it on auto-fold, then wait to pick up a monster to make your move!

Bit of a shame since I had been looking forward to that for over a week -if I had to estimate the chance that I'd get caught out by that trick in the T.O.C. I'd say it was a million to 1 (one of the advantages of playing live is that you can see if your opponent is really asleep or not lol). Congrats to Dunkelb1 who beat short stacked Stackbasher heads-up and grabbed a package to the Monte Carlo Millions!

Winning one of the two tournaments that I wanted to win today isn't bad though (if I had won both that would have been incredible).

I am now an official member of BugsysClub's Wall of Fame!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home