Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hendon Mob League: Game 12


The Hendon Mob Poker League's Game 12 started at 8pm with 60 players.

My aim of finishing in the top 10 were exstinguished when my KK got busted by JJ. I limped UTG+1 with KK. (don't usually (almost never) limp in early position with KK, but fealt sure someone would raise and I could take down a decent pot without showdown preflop with a re-raise or otherwise I'd have my whole stack in with a massive advantage. Either was good for me. The conditions for limping in with KK were right since there was a great chance to double-up by trapping someone with a lower pair/AK/AQ raising me since they might not (intended) put me on KK. I estimated someone would raise before the flop at 90% and the outside chance of being able to win (more than just the blinds) in two different ways was desirable.

My plan seemed to have backfired when the whole table folded to the BB. The big blind thought for a while before going all-in (with JJ). I called in a nanosecond but my opponent, FlippetyFlop, hit a straight. He then even had the cheek to suggest my play was bad! lol I didn't even complain about the beat - and why would I? If I won that pot I would have been on course for that top 10 final finish. I know how it feels to play like a bounty is on your head.....

I didn't expect to qualify anyway, since the point system of doubling and trebling the points for the last 2 games turned the whole league into a crapshoot. Not complaining, except that with the double and, especially tonight's treble points, the incentive for dishonest players to cheat was high. I am very sure about at least one player - this player is the only one were my notes on him just say muppet. There's a small chance that I am just being paranoid - but any suspicious feeling that I get is enough proof for me aside from other indicators...

For some time I have been thinking about writing a speech a-la Travis Bickle style from Taxi Driver about the people that play poker...

In Travis Bickle’s words: whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, and junkies.

The final league top 10 table after Game 12:


League Final Top 10

Congrats to p3rcy for winning the League and good luck to the ten finalists in the play-off for the Bellagio trip.

See the Hendon Mob League Top 10 Players.